Excel is pleased to welcome Dr. Josef B. Simon, MD to our practice! Dr. Simon is a Harvard trained, Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who completed a spine fellowship at New England Baptist Hospital. Dr. Simon specializes in Adult Spine Surgery and is currently taking new patients.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, National Political Science Honors Society
- B.A. International Relations and B.A. Fine Arts, 6/94
- Post Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate Program, 6/98
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 2003
- M.D. New Pathways Program 6/03
- Completed PGY1 and PGY2, 7/03 – 6/05
- Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency, Boston, MA
- Harvard Combined Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program, Boston, MA 7/05 – 6/09
- New England Baptist Hospital Spine Fellowship with Dr. Eric Woodard, Boston, MA, 8/09 – 08/10
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 2012
“Dr. Simon was OUTSTANDING! He was able to pinpoint every issue and explained everything effectively with great bedside manner!! Would recommend Dr. Simon, without a doubt."
"He explained everything and was attentive at the hospital. Very caring! I have never been to New England Baptist Hospital and was happily surprised. Wonderful staff and care."
"He took the time to explain everything about the surgery and answered all of our questions."
"I had an appointment with Dr. Simon for a follow up on back surgery. Check in was no wait and Dr. Simon was ready for me within 15 minutes. As usual he was very patient and kind. He listened to all my concerns and addressed them. I did not feel that he was trying to finish up the visit quickly, but that he took his time. I have been coming to Excel for over two years for doctors' visits and physical and occupational therapy and have always found the people to be kind and knowledgeable."
“Finally felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Simon and Raquel.”